Now that the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has succeeded (mostly) in handling the thousands of substance registrations due by November 30th, they will continue to look at Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs). To that end they will be adding eight SVHCs to its list of substances to be controlled under the Authorization part of REACH.
The substances are:
- Di-isobutylphthalate (DIBP)
- Diarsenic trioxide
- Diarsenic pentaoxide
- Lead chromate
- Lead sulfochromate yellow (C.I. Pigment Yellow 34)
- Lead chromate molybdate sulphate red (C.I. Pigment Red 104)
- Tris(2-chloroethyl)phosphate (TCEP)
- 2,4-dinitrotoluene (2,4-DNT)
But that isn't all. ECHA also has proposed another eight substances for inclusion on the candidate list, which depending on feedback from stakeholders, could also end up being added to the Authorization Annex under REACH. Those eight are:
- Chromium trioxide
- Acids generated from chromium trioxide and their oligomers
More to come.